At present there exists an HR assessment system at NC KazMunayGas JSC, which is focused on two various approaches, for overall and objective assessment and rational management of HR efficiency:
- Management by Objective is an estimation system, which helps to assess a degree and quality of the objectives achieved by the employees. Now draft of drawing up CAPs for each position is under development, according to which the objectives of each employee will be determined by the CAPs designed.
- Performance Management, a system of behavior assessment on certain criteria (competences) aimed at further development of an employee. Now the project is implemented for updating business and leadership competencies for all the employees of KMG, and also for creating technical competencies for each position.
Annually according to the assessment results the employees make up their individual development plans, which include trainings necessary to achieve the goals assigned.
Along with the assessment system of the KMG personnel there is an appraisal system of the human resources to define the employees’ compliance with their positions. The personnel appraisal is carried out not more than 1 time in 3 years by testing the employees in their professional area.
At the moment the assessment system of personnel is transmitted to the KMG subsidiaries so as to create a unified corporate approach that will allow facilitating adaptation of employees in case of their transition inside the KMG group and to create transparent and objective conditions for professional growth of the employees.
Attraction, retention and motivation of the KazMunayGas employees are the major goals of the company in human resources management. Today motivation of the KMG employees includes the following:
- Compensation – monetary means paid by the employer to an employee for services rendered;
- Benefits – programs, the employer uses as addition to the compensation paid to the employee;
- Performance and recognition – an efficiency assessment, which includes coordination and subsequent estimation of the actions of separate employees, teams and the whole company on achievement of business goals, leading the company to success;
- Development and career opportunities – development, including training aimed at expanding and deepening skills and competencies of the employees. Career growth opportunities mean planning, which helps employees to achieve their aims objectives in career building.
The motivation system of the KMG employees is developed in accordance with the policies and proceedings, recommended by the Sole shareholder –National Welfare Fund “Samruk-Kazyna” JSC.