Youth policy of “KazMunayGas” NC JSC (hereinafter- the Policy) is developed in accordance with the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Articles of Association of KMG and other internal documents of KMG and is aimed at organization of work with the Company’s young employees.
Currently there are about 17 thous. people under 29 years of age working in the Company, this amounts to about 20 percent, 5 percent of them hold senior positions. For today, 26 people of the total amount of young employees of the Company are graduates of “Bolashak” program, 280 people have the master’s degree and PhD.
Young employees are the basis of the Company’s staff potential.
Subsequent fulfillment of the youth policy will allow to actively use the potential of young people in the implementation of KMG Development Strategy, will help to solve the issues of youth adaptation, to form the corporate culture.
This Policy will be the basis for the development of internal documents aimed at the development of KMG youth policy.
It will be also important to carry out cultural events that will allow creating the conditions for creative self-fulfillment and useful leisure time for the young employees. It is also essential to promote healthy lifestyle in the youth environment, to conduct annual Forum of KMG youth, complex spartakiads, corporate Olympiads, competitions etc.
Generally the Company strives for the youth policy implementation to create favourable conditions for the balanced growth of the young employee, protection of his rights and ensuring the complete self-fulfillment in the interests of the Company and society.
The aim of the Policy
The aim of this Policy is development of common standards and consolidation of approaches and working mechanisms with the young employees for the youth policy implementation.
Objectives of the Policy
- formation of a consolidated opinion of young employees on the issues related to youth and centralization of plans, activities within the framework of this Policy by means of cooperation between youth councils of SDC through KMG Youth Council;
- studying the youth problems (professional, financial, social, educational etc.) in the Company, preparation of proposals for their solution for the management and trade union;
- assistance in professional growth of young employees;
- formation of the common informational space for young employees;
- strengthening of professional and business relationships between young employees, expansion of cooperation and exchange of experience;
- assistance in creating conditions for increasing the creative initiative of young employees, their involvement in future development, support and development of scientific and technological movement;
- assistance in the adaptation of newly arrived young employees;
- development of corporate culture among young employees;
- formation of legal culture of intolerance to manifestations of corruption and fraud;
- social protection of young employees;
- healthy lifestyle promotion;
- cooperation with other youth, trade unions and social organizations;
Basic principles of the Policy
- uniting all the youth organizations of the Company;
- centralization of the youth policy through KMG;
- cooperation of KMG, subsidiaries and affiliates including jointly-controlled entities and joint ventures in this Policy implementation;
- transparency of the Company’s activities in the youth policy;
- using the best international practices.
Compliance with the principles will provide the sequence, integrity of the Policy and will provide the necessary historical continuity, will create a common methodology and guidelines in the implementation of its main objectives.
The main activities
- professional development;
- cultural development;
- innovative and rationalization initiatives;
- promotion of sport and healthy lifestyle;
- social support.
Tools for the Policy implementation
In order to implement this Policy, the Youth Council of “KazMunayGas” NC JSC and its subsidiaries and affiliates is created. The provision on the Youth Council of “KazMunayGas” NC JSC is approved by the Management Board of KMG on 4.09.2014.
In making decisions, the Company takes into account the provisions of this Policy as well as the regulatory documents of “Samruk-Kazyna” National Welfare Fund” JSC related to this Policy.
“KazMunayGas” NC JSC associates its future with young employees ready to contribute their efforts, knowledge, capacities and ambitions for the Company’s development. Therefore successful implementation of this Policy will allow strengthening the youth rows, obtaining the experienced highly qualified managers in future, capable to make optimal decisions, face any challenges of modern world, propose new promising projects and solve the existing issues in the best interests of the Company and the state.
The future well-being of the Company depends on its attitude to preparation of a decent new generation today.