АО НК "КАЗМУНАЙГАЗ"
Petroleum upstream operations
KazMunaiGas Exploration Production JSC
KazMunaiGas Exploration Production JSC is a producer of oil, natural gas and associated gas from own hydrocarbon reserves located within offshore and onshore blocks in Kazakhstan. The company also has been actively engaged in the programme of exploration operations to preserve and develop the resource base.
The asset portfolio of KMG EP comprises 41 fields located in West Kazakhstan, excluding the acquisitions made from 2007 through 2010. Ozenmunaigaz (OMG) and Embamunaigaz (EMG) are the key production assets of the Company with the total production volume of 177 thousand bopd as at 2010. Uzen Field, being the largest in KMG EP’s portfolio of key assets, concentrates 73% of overall reserves and accounts for 68% in the total production volume. The production business units of the company have a long history of operation extending for more than 90 year, and the specialists have a deep knowledge and great experience.
In 2006, KazMunaiGas Exploration Production JSC listed its stock on the London Stock Exchange.
KazMunaiTeniz Offshore Oil Company JSC
«KazMunayTeniz» is the company engaged in petroleum operations in the sea and coastal territory (of the Caspian and Aral Seas) through the effective management of the offshore projects.
The principal activities of the company is to act as a contractor of subsoil use contracts in offshore projects and to implement the functions for the efficient and rational development of the national oil and gas resources, incremental growth and further increase in oil and gas resources.
The company is engaged in prospecting, exploration, development and operation of fields, as well as in sales of petroleum produced. The Company has been carrying out exploration at the territory of Eastern, Saztobe and Tasym fields.
N Operating Company
The Company operates under the implementation of N Project related to exploration and production of hydrocarbon material within the contract block of Kazakhstan in the Caspian Sea.
Urikhtau Operating LLP
The company explores hydrocarbons as the subsurface user in the field "Urikhtau", located in the Aktobe region.
KMG Kumkol LLP
Cooperative KazMunaiGaz PKI U. A.
KMG Kashagan B.V.
KMG Kashagan B.V. PLLC was established on October 5, 2005 in accordance with the laws of the Netherlands.
The Company holds a 16.81% participatory interest in the North-Caspian Consortium Project.
The Company was established to ensure the trust management of Tolkyn and Borankol contract blocks located in Mangistau Region of the Republic of Kazakhstan (pursuant to Article 72 of the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On Subsoil and Subsoil Use”). From the moment of taking the aforementioned blocks into the trust management BeineuMunaiGas will focus its activities on exploration and production of natural gas, condensate and oil.
Satpaev Operating LLP
"KMG Karachaganak" limited liability company
The LLP "KMG Karachaganak"limited liability company owns 10% of the shares in the Final Production Sharing Agreement on the contract area of the Karachaganak oil, gas and condensate field (hereinafter – FPSA) and is a 100% subsidiary of the JSC "NC "KazMunayGas".
The shares are distributed among the FPSA companies in the following way:
- British Gas - 29,25%,
- Agip - 29,25%,
- Chevron - 18%,
- Lukoil - 13,5%
- LLP "FPSAIMC" - 10%
The principal aim of the "FPSAIMC" LLP is management of the FPSA shares on behalf of KMG, including daily control and management of the “Karachaganak Petroleum Operating” B.V., equal with other contracting companies participation in the consideration, discussion and approval of the management, production and other decisions, procurement, marketing, etc. documents
KazTransOil LLP is the largest oil pipeline operator of the Republic of Kazakhstan with an extensive network of trunk pipelines that provide oil transportation and water supply. The Company also focuses its activities on production, transmission and distribution of thermal power, transmission and distribution of electric power, transportation of natural gas by distribution pipelines to the customers of the Republic of Kazakhstan, operation and technical maintenance of trunk pipelines owned by other legal entities.
NMSC Kazmortransflot JSC
The main objective of Kazmortransflot is to establish the national merchant marine fleet of the Republic of Kazakhstan and organize international maritime transportation of local cargoes by own fleet.
The main focus of the Company activity is as follows: transportation of all types of cargoes, construction, operation and repair of all types of vessels, construction of shipyards and tugging operations at ports.
KMG Transcaspian LLP
The main business activities of the Partnership are as follows:
- ensuring participation of NC KazMunaiGas JSC (KMG) in the construction and operation project of the Yeskene-Kuryk trunk pipeline;
- ensuring participation of KMG in the TransCaspian Project on assistance and support to oil transportation from Kazakhstan across the Caspian Sea and territory of the Republic of Azerbaijan to international markets through the Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan pipeline system;
- coordination of activities across all the segments of the Kazakhstan Caspian Transportation System (KCTS) that comprises the TransCaspian Project and the Yeskene-Kuryk trunk pipeline construction project.
Kazakhstan Pipeline Ventures LLC
KPV is a company established on March 12, 1997 in accordance with the laws of the State of Delaware (the USA) on limited liability companies. The purpose of the company is to participate in CPC by purchasing shares of CPC-R and CPC-K, and carry out other activities, as may be necessary or required in connection with that.
KazTransGas JSC owns more than 10 thousand km of gas trunk pipelines, 21 gas compressor stations equipped with 308 gas compressor units, and three underground gas storages.
The main activities of KazTransGas group of companies include:
- Gas transportation by trunk gas pipelines and storage in underground gas storages (UGS);
- Implementation of state programmes for development of the oil and gas sector of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Domestic and export transportation, international transit of natural gas;
- Transportation of natural gas by distribution gas pipelines;
- Natural gas sales on the domestic market;
- Gas production and processing (KazTransGas is the Contractor under the subsoil use contract for development of the Amangeldy group gas fields located in Zhambyl region)
- Electric power generation and sales.
AstanaGas KMG LLP
AstanaGas KMG was established to implement the West-North-Center trunk gas pipeline construction project.
The main activities of AstanaGas KMG LLP are as follows:
- Conduct of researches on the opportunity and expediency of gasification of the northern regions of the Republic of Kazakhstan and Astana;
- construction of a gas trunk pipeline to satisfy the customer needs in natural gas in the cities of Astana and Karaganda, Kostanay and Kokshetau Regions;
- implementation of state programmes for development of the oil and gas sector of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Petroleum upstream operations
KazMunaiGas JSC – Processing and Marketing
KazMunaiGas – Processing and Marketing is a highly efficient trading and processing company that actively develops the exploration and production of oil along with manufacturing and processing of petroleum products.
The main activities of KazMunaiGas – Processing and Marketing are as follows:
- sales of oil and petroleum and gas processing products;
- supply of combustibles and lubricants for the needs of sowing and harvest campaigns;
- on behalf of the state operations with oil received against royalty payments;
- transportation and forwarding services, petroleum consignor and transshipment services;
- protection of the state interests in such important areas as export policy of Kazakhstan in sales of oil and petroleum and gas processing products;
The Company is specialized on rendering services to its main participant, NC KazMunaiGaz JSC, in the following areas:
- Maintenance of administrative buildings;
- Transport services;
- Organization of catering services (KazMunaiGas Service-Compass LLP) (40%);
- Other services: maintenance of residential buildings, provision of representative office services in the cities of Moscow and Almaty, organization of theme events, provision of professional services, lease of residential and office rooms, supply of food products;
- Provision of healthcare services on the basis of its subsidiary in Zerenda Village in Akmola region.
Euro-Asia Air JSC
The airline has an extensive network of branch offices equipped with powerful aircraft maintenance bases, sheds, storages and surface equipment. This provides jobs for more than 400 top notch air professionals.
The airline fleet comprises various airplanes and helicopters, including Мi-8, AS-365N3, AW-139, Yak-40, Challenger 850 and Challenger 870.
In accordance with its Charter the activities of the Company are as follows:
- flights for aerial surveillance of oil and gas pipelines, rendering services to the enterprises engaged in exploration and development of mineral deposits;
- flights to offshore sites;
- rescue operations in emergency situations;
- flights for the purposes of environmental protection;
- flights on sanitary assignments to hard-to-reach and remote areas;
- flights for the support of operations of geologists, power engineers, seismologists, glaciologists, fire services and state border guard services;
- charters (customer-tailored), VIP-transportations using specifically equipped aircraft;
Kazakh-British Technical University JSC
The University was established by Resolution No. 1027 of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, dated August 3, 2001, in accordance with the Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the British Council.
Kazakhstan Institute of Oil and Gas JSC
- Scientific justification of development strategies, reproduction rates and further addition of the oil and gas reserves, comprehensive development of the oil and gas sector, development of industrial and interindustrial development programmes for the oil and gas sector of the Republic of Kazakhstan, geological and economic assessment of oil, nonassociated and solved (associated) gas reserves by regions and territories, study of trends and making forecasts on development of the global oil and gas market;
- R&D operations in exploration, development and production of oil and gas.
The main activity of Naukograd LLP is the establishment and operation of the Naukograd technopolis facilities.
Naukograd is the urbanized highly intellectual environment created by the Japanese technopolis model which is to concentrate the existing industrial research, engineering and educational centers and provide conditions for the development of innovative projects and implementation of new technologies in the oil and gas sector.
The technopolis structure of Naukograd is to provide the harmonized development of three, complementing each other, main directions: education/training, engineering, innovative activities.
Ruan Media Group JSC
The activities of Ruan Media Group JSC are as follows:
- Coverage of activities in the oil and gas sector by ensuring broadcasting through the mass media managed by the Company;
- Coordination of media activities managed by the Company;
- Extension and deepening of international cooperation in the matters related to the mass media development within its competence;
- Booking and control of execution of media orders from the oil and gas companies within its competence;
- Administration of activities carried out by the TV and radio broadcasting network managed by the Company, participation in the development and provision of correct utilization of technical means to improve the quality of media services;
- Other activities not prohibited by the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
*under the trust management of Nur Media
Directorate of KMG Enterprises under Construction LLP
Directorate of KMG Enterprises under Construction LLP is established on December 8, 2009 as a wholly owned subsidiary of KazMunaiGaz JSC (KMG). The purpose of the Company is to manage project development activities in respect of infrastructural facilities located at the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan in accordance with the Agreement on Cooperation signed on November 5, 2009 between KMG and Eni S.p.A.