Within the framework of enhancing the competitive capacity, KMG has developed the Innovation-based-and-technological Development Strategy of KMG for 2014-2018, approved by resolution of the Board of Directors No.1/2014 of 20 Feb 2014 (ITD Strategy).
This Strategy is aimed to achieve the Company's strategic goals and create necessary conditions for extensive use of innovations, and breakthrough, resource/energy-efficient, and environmentally benign technology in all sectors of KMG's business.
To ensure the implementation of ITD strategy in the company on an annual basis, developed an action plan for its implementation, including research and lists of innovation projects and corporate events.
In the oil and gas upstream sector, as the conditions of hydrocarbons exploration and production become more complicates, more advanced technology solutions are required, that is geologic-and-hydro dynamic 3D simulation and virtual reality simulation, cutting-edge technology for drilling, well construction and enhanced oil recovery, and more technology-intensive ways of collection, treatment and transportation of oil.
In the oil and gas transportation sector the main development directions are connected with updating the automation and telecontrol systems, use of hydroacoustic systems for detection of trunkline leaks, performance of research-and-development to increase corrosion resistance of the pipelines, and prevent paraffin deposition during oil transportation and storage.
To enhance the Company's competitive capacity and protect the state interests, the key direction in the oil refining and petrochemistry sector is development of innovations and technological modernization of the own refining and petrochemical capacity domestically and overseas.
The basis of the Company's innovation infrastructure
if formed by its subsidiary entities, such as: "KazMunayGas" Research and Development Institute of Production and Drilling Technology
Key R&D directions for 2014-2018
- Carrying out research-and-development works for studying prospective areas for the purpose of expanding territories for GEWs planning
- Improving the efficiency of management of the field exploration and development system
- Implementation of leading-edge technology for cleaning trunk oil pipelines and tanks
- Carrying out research and implementation of the advanced methods and technology for enhancing the corrosion resistance of the pipelines
- Production of coal bed methane in the Karagandy Coal Basin Carrying out research in the oil refining and petrochemistry sector in order to increase the level of industrial efficiency, cut the operating cost, and develop the staff competence
Industrial-and-innovation policy of Samruk-Kazyn
KMG’s ITD Strategy
RIA Policy (rationalisation and inventive activity)
The Common Corporate Portal and the database of technical and technological developments, prospective and on-going innovation projects of KMG and SDEs.