Being one of the largest companies in Kazakhstan, we recognize the importance of our impact on the economy, environment and society. We are guided by the principles of sustainable development and apply a balanced and rational approach when interacting with stakeholders.
Sustainable development is a development that seeks to meet the needs and aspirations of the present without compromising the ability to meet those of the future (Report of the World Commission on Environment and Development: Our Common Future, United Nations, August 4, 1987).
The changes occurring in the world under the influence of a prolonged global crisis do not scare us. We are ready for them. Our current task is while preserving everything that we have achieved over the years of sovereignty, continue sustainable development in the XXI century. (The message of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev to the people of Kazakhstan "Strategy - 2050" dated December 12, 2012).
In accordance with the Code of Corporate Governance of Samruk-Kazyna, our main shareholder, we observe the following principles in the field of sustainable development:
- Openness we are always open for dialogue. We seek for opportunities for long-term cooperation with the shareholders, based on respect for mutual interests, respect for the rights and observing the balance between the interests of KMG and shareholders;
- Responsibility - we are aware of our responsibilities:
- We strive to minimize the negative impact on the environment through the efficient use of resources (including energy, raw materials and water), gradual reduction of emissions, waste and the introduction of high-efficient, energy-saving technologies allowing to preserve resources;
- we pay taxes and other fees to the state budget, provided by the legislation;
- we create and preserve jobs, as a contribution to support for our development strategy;
- we strive to contribute to the development of areas where we operate within our strategy and available financial resources;
- we implement innovative technologies, aimed at careful and responsible use of resources with high productivity; our products, goods and services should meet the health and safety standards for consumers established by the legislation and standards of good quality;
- Transparency - our decisions and actions must be clear and understandable to stakeholders. In a timely manner we disclose information allowed for the provision by the legislation subject to the provisions on the protection of confidential information;
- Ethical behavior - the basis for our decisions and actions are the following values: respect, honesty, openness, teamwork and trust, reliability and fairness.