Occupational health and safety
In accordance with the Policy on health, safety and environment, our main aim is the reduction of injuries and accidents at work to ensure the safety of employees, elimination of health damage, reduction of negative impact of our activities on the environment and improving the image and reputation of KMG.
Functional Committee on labor protection, industrial safety and environmental protection, created within the Transformation, carries out control and monitoring of the implementation of measures for HSE, as well as develops recommendations for improving the work in the direction of health and safety, industrial safety and environmental protection.
At this point, to increase the safety culture and reduce the injuries level in production, the following work has been:
- introduction of "Golden rules of safe behavior of KMG";
- introduction of KMG for the management of SDE for the provision of transparent reporting of all incidents in KMG;
- development of 3 corporate policies:
- HSE Policy;
- Transport policy
- Policy on alcohol, narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances and their analogues.
In addition, Rules on the procedure for the notification and investigation of accidents have been developed.
All programs, initiatives and regulations are developed at the corporate level with the subsequent introduction in SDEs of KMG.
A campaign to raise awareness on security issues has been carried out through the following actions:
- Spreading the video about "Chronic uneasiness" developed in partnership with Shell;
- monthly report on accidents and lessons learned with bringing to the attention of all employees;
- Forum of General Directors for the topic "Leadership in the field of occupational safety, health and environment";
- Corporate Intranet - a portal containing all necessary information about occupational health and safety.
- Visual information materials to introduce the Golden Rules (presentations, calendars, booklets and cards) for all employees.
- working groups in each area of HSE with the participation of experts from the SDEs of KMG;
- mobile application for smartphones developed for instant notifications about incidents.
Our common goal in the field of HSE is to get into the top quartile in terms of labor protection indicates in comparison with IOGP member companies with a similar number of staff by 2020.
Transparent reporting and complete provision of information on accidents have allowed us to analyze the root causes of incidents, conduct analytical analysis of various indicators and identify focus areas of activity for 2016.