Procedure for a Scholarship Awards Competition by the Governing Legal Council of KazMunayGas Group
The Governing Legal Counsel of JSC NC “KazMunayGas” (hereinafter – Governing Legal Council) announces a scientific competition on: Topical Issues of Legal Regulation in Hydrocarbons Subsoil Use (hereinafter - Competition).
The winners of the Competition are determined by awarding the first, second and third places, which are eligible for a monthly scholarship by the Governing Legal Council in accordance with the Procedure for a Scholarship Awards Competition by the Governing Legal Council of KazMunayGas Group available on web-sites of KAZGUU University JSC (www.kazguu.kz) and JSC NC «KazMunayGas” (www.kmg.kz).
Size of a scholarship: First place 30 000 (thirty thousand) tenge;
Second place 20 000 (twenty thousand) tenge;
Third place 10 000 (ten thousand) tenge.
Winners of the Competition, as agreed upon by the companies and in accordance with the established procedure, may do a practical training in KazMunayGas group.
- Competition dates
From the date of posting on the web-site through June 11, 2018
Research paper defense.
The candidate, at his own discretion, prepares a relevant presentation specifying the main theses of its research paper.
From June 26-30, 2018
time___ (to be informed later)
- Subject matter: “Actual Issues of Legal Regulation in Hydrocarbon Subsoil Use”.
- The Competition is open to full-time undergraduate students of KAZGUU University JSC (hereinafter – University), who applied for the Competition pursuant to Appendix 1 of this Procedure (hereinafter – Application) and in conformance with the following requirements:
- Successfully completed at least two training courses;
- At least0 GPA;
- No disciplinary violation at University.
Entries accepted on equal terms from the students meeting the prescribed requirements and studying on commercial basis or free of charge.
- To participate in the Competition, the participants should submit the applications with the following documents:
- an application form to participate in a Scholarship Awards Competition in due form pursuant to Appendix 1 to this Procedure;
- a copy of a transcript in accordance with the form established by the University;
3) ID copy;
4) a research paper in Kazakh and Russian executed in accordance with the requirements of a methodological guide specified in Item 6 of this Procedure;
5) confirmation by the University that the Competition participants were not involved in student misconduct at University.
Participants may elect, if available, to accompany the Application Form with copies of the documents confirming the participation in conferences, olympiads and competitions, including:
- the list of research papers published by a participant (alone or with other authors);
- the list of statements at scientific conferences, symposiums with their venues and dates;
- other documents confirming the participation in research and creative competitions.
- Application Forms for the Competition may be delivered by courier to: 608, Block C, 19 Kabanbai-batyr , ave, Astana or by email to Commission Registrar email@example.com. In case the Application Form is delivered to a Commission Registrar by courier, the participant should unfailingly submit the research paper in MS Word on the relevant media. To confirm the receipt of an Application Form from the participant, a Commission Registrar signs its copy indicating the date and time when documents were received and then delivers it to a participant or its authorized representative.
- Methodological guide for writing a research paper:
While preparing a research paper, a participant should be guided by the following requirements:
1) page limit - up to 15 pages, format – А 4; use MS Word, only in formats doc, rtf, docx;
2) text size 14 pt Times new roman (сyr), line-spacing – single line, margins on all sides 2 cm, full justification, paragraph indentation 0.8 cm, portrait orientation, automatic transfer, style "normal";
3) text placement on a sheet:
1 line – title of the work (CAPITAL LETTERS, boldface, center alignment);
2 line – empty;
3 line – authors’ full name. Center alignment;
4 line - institution, city. Center alignment.
The text goes through the interval (full justification).
4) The paper should contain the annotation (800-1000 characters with spaces, no more than 7-8 lines) and keywords in Kazakh and Russian. The annotation is a summary of the research paper’s content which gives a generalized idea of its theme and structure. The annotation should include, in addition to the text: title, authors’ full name, institution, city drawn up in accordance with subparagraph 3) of this paragraph;
5) The introduced abbreviations should be deciphered;
6) the references to used materials from literature and Internet resources are obligatory;
7) information on a thesis advisor (full name, scientific degree).