Industrial security and production integrity management
Continuous improvement of industrial safety management system is one of the main priorities of the Company’s work. The Company continued to conduct systemic work in the accounting period, taking necessary measures to prevent accidents and incidents at all hazardous production facilities and reducing level of accidents in 2017, the Company performs following activities:
- Systematic control of timely conduction of the survey, repair and replacement of technical devices;
- Strict adherence to technological discipline;
- Implementation of industrial control in the area of industrial safety;
- Full compliance with the industrial safety requirements established by laws and regulations.
Number of accidents (including anthropogenic) on production facilities
There were 4 anthropogenic accidents without human losses and with minimum total damage in the amount 8,192 million KZT in 2017, at the Company’s production facilities. Based on the nature of these incidents, two of them are oil and gas water manifestations (GNVP), and two other are related to depressurization of technical devices, release of hazardous substances (gas and petroleum products) and subsequent combustion.
Technical investigations of the causes of accidents were carried out in accordance with the requirements of the legislation in the area of industrial safety, for all accidents, occurred in 2017, as well as immediate and systemic causes of accidents were determined together with Corrective action plan at the corporate level, followed by the sending of “Accident Reports” to all SDEs of the Company.
Key activity on improvement of industrial safety
Atyrau Refinery and Pavlodar Refinery completed transition to increased overhaul period during operation of process units from 1 year to 3–4 years in 2017.
The following digital solutions and automation tools have been implemented by HONEYWELL (USA) in 2017 to provide the required level of maintenance, reliability and mechanical integrity of the equipment at Atyrau Refinery and Pavlodar Refinery:
- maintenance and equipment repair management system (IBM MAXIMO). This system is designed for automation of standard work processes and solution of operational problems in management of repairs and maintenance of equipment at the refinery, taking into account creation of all repair operating charts with necessary materials, operational tasks on launch and stop of the equipment, material consumption rates for current, insurance and emergency supplies;
- inspections and ensure of equipment reliability management system (Meridium APM). This system is designed for automation of mandatory periodic technical monitoring of equipment status, analysis of current status, causes of failures, risks of extension of repair intervals, optimization of repair programs, taking into account the real state of the equipment, the requirements to reliability of its operation for the performance of its functions;
- equipment monitoring management system (Uniformance Asset Sentinel). This system allows us to describe mathematically calculations of dynamic characteristics of equipment of various types, such as electric motors, conveyors, pumps, compressors, fans, smoke exhausters, furnaces, boilers, heat exchangers, filters, reactors, control systems, shut-off valves, analyzers, instrumentation and to perform these calculations in mode, close to the real-time mode for determination of both current and forecast state on the basis of detection of symptoms of developing defects;
- Downtime Reporting System/Functionality. This functionality will automatically record both total downtime and partial downtime, associated with loss of productivity and loss of product quality. To classify causes of downtime, analyze the efficiency and reliability of technological process, determine areas for improvement of reliability of technological process, elimination of bottlenecks and reduction of losses due to downtime;
In order to ensure stable transportation of Kazakhstani gas for export and avoid gas shortage in the southern regions of the country during heating period, a large-scale reconstruction of the underground gas storage facility “Bozoy” is implemented.
Within the framework of the project technological scheme of underground gas storage facility “Bozoy” was upgraded with modern “Gas drying unit” for improvement of gas quality, its purification from mechanical impurities and moisture. Performed works, allowed to increase the reliability and safety of the gas storage facility, as well as to extend duration of main gas pipelines.
Gas drying unit enables the transportation of natural gas from Bozoy gas storage facility through main gas pipelines Bukhara – Ural and Beineu – Bozoy – Shymkent to consumers in Aktyubinskaya oblast and southern regions of Kazakhstan, ensuring high-quality, and uninterrupted gas supply during the heating season. Moreover, international transit of commercial gas to the Russian Federation, the Republic of Uzbekistan and the People’s Republic of China will be provided.
The built complex is unique by its volume and productivity. There were no such gas infrastructure facilities in Kazakhstan. The most modern equipment from Europe and Ukraine was used during project implementation.